Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Back in the kitchen...finally!

So it's been awhile, to my dismay, not only due to laziness about posting, but also due to a general lack of kitchen time. The balance is returning though, and in glorious fashion! The doubles got to be a little too much, so as of Friday I am shedding the suit!

To celebrate I did hand made pizza. I was lazy and a little short on time so I bought the dough fresh from the local Italian Store. They have great dough anyhow and it's inexpensive to buy it freshly made! I bought a 20 inch ball of dough (for a 20 inch pizza....not 20 inches in diameter!) and used half of it for my little personal pizza.

Displaying 20140505_175216.jpg




















I stuck it in the oven for about 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. I just watched it closely, as I've never really done the whole pizza in the oven without a recipe on the dough before.

I sprinkled a little bit of a balsamic dressing over the top with grated romano when the pizza came out. It was super delicious. With the Volnay 1er Cru (which was divine) it was just such a perfect early summer personal meal!

Back to it now, I have tons to post now that I'm back in the game!

Until the next one...very soon!




















No comments:

Post a Comment