Saturday, January 10, 2015

Christmas Morning Drenched in Maple Syrup

Christmas morning is for decadence!

So although I have no pretty pictures of the final product, it did taste pretty darn good. Again, thank you Bon Appetit for the idea...although my yeast was a little past its prime so the dough was a little dense...but oh well it still tasted delicious.

I made their Babkallah French Toast, which is essentially chocolate cinnamon bread rolls, braided, baked, sliced, dipped in scrambled egg mix, and seared on the stove top. Yup.

I've attached the link for the recipe HERE.

I served this with maple syrup and a dash of powdered sugar on top :)

Just wanted to throw this short little post in to share the yummm. Definitely a heavier dish though, I would always prefer this as a brunch-time brekkie when I've had a little time in the morning to prepare myself! 


Until next time, indulge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment