Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Chilean Seabass with Seasoned Shrimp and Summer Salsa

In contrast to yesterday, I figured I'd battle the neverending morning snowglobe with a more summer-oriented dish. Maybe it'll convince mother nature...unlikely but a girl can dream.

There's nothing better than seabass and shrimp when its hot outside. I was a massive grill fiend this summer. Everything went on it.

The Chilean sea bass at Whole Foods is expensive, but SO good. I placed six lemon wheels over the top of whole basil leaves on the top of the filet. I cooked a large filet for four people, and cooked it in one piece, cutting it into portions when done. I used toothpicks to make sure the lemons and basil stayed on top of the fish. I then wrapped it in a tin foil (heavy duty) envelope and stuck straight onto a hot grill. If you cook the fish in a tin foil package, it steams the fish keeping all the flavor and moisture. Otherwise sometimes the smoke from the grill can create dryness.

I marinated fresh (cleaned) jumpo shrimp in Whole Foods Tequila lime seasoning (why mess with a good thing?) with a little lemon and lime juice and olive oil. On the grill, I cooked skewers of three until just pink.



When the bass and the shrimp were done, I removed the lemon and basil from the top of the bass and sliced it into four serving portions. On the plate, I placed a skewer of three tequila lime shrimp on top of each piece of bass. Finally, I topped with a summer salsa, made of finely diced strawberries, pineapples, blueberries, jalapenos, mangos, cilantro, lime juice, and spring onions. I garnished the dish with an orange wheel, which I sliced half way through the center and twisted to rest nicely ontop of the heaping pile of grilled fish.Salt and pepper to taste, but I let people season themselves on this one, as I can imagine people having a variety of palate preferences on this one!

Signing out from the snow globe!

No comments:

Post a Comment